Thursday, January 14, 2010

Movies, Films, and Crappy Writers...Oh My!

I'm not sure how I feel about this. As much as I love seeing new movies, I am beginning to wonder if film writers have lost their spunk. Every book I plan to read, am reading, or have read is being made into film. Really...it's beginning to take away from the authenticity of books.

"Ew, I don't read. I just watch the movie," says another, deluded aquaintance of mine.

One of these days, I'd like to be able to scream in their face..."HA! It's not a movie. Go open a book for once, you slacker."

Unfortunately, it's as if every movie coming out lately was once a book. Let them make On the Road or Walden into a movie. I'll start a war...mark my words, I will. Though, sadly, I hear they are in the making to put Kerouac's masterpiece onto the big screen. Oh, boy.

People truly don't know what their missing out on. You get so much more out of reading a book than watching the movie. It's more personal, imaginative, and overall mind altering. It expands your mind into places where a movie could never take you. When you're watching the movie, you're forced to see things as to how the director and producers imagined. With a book, you have the control. You can imagine things exactly the way your mind wants. I cannot begin to explain how many times I've seen a movie after reading the book and felt completely heart broken because it wasn't made the way I had envisioned the story.

But in the end, the media will not stop. They will continue to steal books, putting them into cinemas, while crushing readers vivd pictures of their treasured tales. It's simply fate. Digging more into this tragic fate, I recently discovered they've transformed Eat, Pray, Love into a movie--starring Julia Roberts. It's due out in August. Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment